NOTE: Reservations are required during the week of Thanksgiving to safely manage an expected increase in holiday travelers. Learn More
The Pacific Surfliner serves stations in San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo counties. There are 13 round-trips between San Diego and Los Angeles. Five of those trips extend up to Santa Barbara, and two extend to San Luis Obispo. Service on the northern end of our route is supplemented with Amtrak Thruway bus service.
Download the Pacific Surfliner schedule below or use our online booking tool to explore options and fares. Also, check our Alerts page for information that might affect your trip. Recent changes to the schedule are noted below:
Effective Monday, June 1
Pacific Surfliner trains continue to operate on a reduced schedule. However, the following modifications are being made effective June 1* in an effort to restore some service on the north-end of the corridor.
A total of three trains in each direction will operate north of Los Angeles. Two will end in Santa Barbara/Goleta and one will extend up to San Luis Obispo. Thruway bus service will provide supplemental departure options, connecting to trains in Santa Barbara and Los Angeles.
- Train 774* will originate in San Luis Obispo instead of Los Angeles.
- Thruway bus connections are being retimed to improve spacing of departure options and to shorten layover times. Two bus trips will operate between San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara, and one bus trip will operate between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles.
- Trains 562, 566/1566, 572/1572, 578, 782, 590/1590, and 792 remain cancelled
- Train 777 will end in San Luis Obispo instead of Goleta.
- Train 785 will end in Goleta instead of Los Angeles.
- Thruway bus connections are being retimed to improve spacing of departure options and to shorten layover times. One bus trip will operate between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and two bus trips will operate between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo.
- Trains 759, 561/1761, 565/1565, 569/1569, 573/1573, 583, 591/1591, and 595 remain cancelled.
*Note: June 1, equipment will be getting into position to operate under the revised schedule. On this transition day only, Train 774 will originate in Los Angeles.