Explore more of your favorite destinations when you add a bike to your next Pacific Surfliner trip. Simply make a free reservation for your bike when booking a trip.
NOTE: The temporary track closure in San Clemente has made it necessary to operate replacement bus service between Irvine and Oceanside. Due to the limited space available onboard the buses, advance bike reservations are not available and space for bikes cannot be guaranteed. Bike reservations can still be made for trips that do not include a bus segment, such as between San Diego and Oceanside or north of Irvine.
How to Ride
- Each Pacific Surfliner train has room for seven bicycles. Book early with a bike reservation to avoid spaces being sold out, especially if traveling on a weekend or holiday.
- Arrive early to give yourself plenty of time to find the platform. There is a dedicated car for bike storage located at the end of the train opposite from the locomotive – it is on the north-facing end of the train for trips starting south of Los Angeles and on the south-facing end of the train for trips starting north of Los Angeles.
- Once on board the train, locate the bike racks (on the lower level at the end of the train), and secure your bike before heading to your seat. Remember that you must have a bike reservation for the train you are riding.
- Head down to the bike storage area a few minutes before the train is scheduled to arrive at your destination so you are ready to retrieve your bike when the train stops. Remember that station stops are brief.
How to Book:
- Select the train you’d like to ride
- Add your traveler details
- Proceed until you see the option to customize your trip
- Add a free bike reservation
Contact 800-USA-RAIL if you need to modify your reservation
Traveling with your bike is easier than you might think, and doing so opens the door to more possibilities at your favorite destinations.