Pacific Surfliner trains have been operating on a reduced schedule since March 2020 due to a pandemic-related drop in ridership. Our upcoming schedule change is a big step forward in providing more options for travelers as they reconnect with their favorite destinations and events.
Effective June 28, three roundtrips will be added to the Pacific Surfliner schedule, serving stations between San Diego and Los Angeles. This includes the following updates:
- Southbound Train 562 will depart Los Angeles at 6:05 a.m. and arrive in San Diego at 8:58 a.m.
- Southbound Train 572 will depart Los Angeles at 10:54 a.m. and arrive in San Diego at 1:52 p.m. On weekends and holidays, this train will operate as Train 1572, departing Los Angeles at 11:20 a.m. and arriving in San Diego at 2:13 p.m.
- Southbound Train 590 will depart Los Angeles at 7:30 p.m. and arrive in San Diego at 10:25 p.m.
- Northbound Train 569 will depart San Diego at 9:43 a.m. and arrive in Los Angeles at 12:38 p.m.
- Northbound Train 583 will depart San Diego at 2:50 p.m. and arrive in Los Angeles at 5:54 p.m.
- Northbound Train 595 will depart San Diego at 8:57 p.m. and arrive in Los Angeles at 11:50 p.m.
- Trains 767 and 1767 are being re-numbered as Trains 567 and 1567, respectively, but there will be no change to their schedules.
A bus connection will also be retimed to space out departure options from stations between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. As additional train equipment becomes available, and as travel demand increases, the LOSSAN Agency will evaluate opportunities to increase service on the north end of the corridor.
New: Amtrak has launched a new digital resource for schedules. Visit amtrak.com/timetables to build your personalized timetable. It can also be downloaded and printed!