As you start planning your next trip, consider taking the Pacific Surfliner to sunny San Diego. Enjoy expansive ocean views from your seat on the train, and travel with peace of mind knowing that we continue to take measures to keep riders and employees safe. You’ll arrive at the Santa Fe Depot, our southernmost station, located in the middle of downtown.
San Diego is one of our most popular destinations, and for a good reason. With almost perfect weather year-round, world-renowned attractions, cultural and entertainment hubs, and more than 70 miles of beaches, there is something for everyone.
Here are seven things to do on your next visit to San Diego:
- Find the perfect beach: Explore some of the finest beaches in the world, with plenty of opportunities for bonfires, surfing, biking, or simply relaxing with views of the waves. Coronado Island, just a short ferry ride from downtown, has beautiful sandy beaches that are consistently ranked among the best in America.
- Cheer on the Padres: Petco Park is allowing fans to attend baseball games with safety measures in place. Buy a ticket in advance online to attend a game in person, or watch the game at one of the restaurants and bars throughout downtown that feature outdoor patios, delicious food, and plenty of wide screen TVs.
- Hit the trails: With San Diego’s mild, sunny climate, any day of the week is a great time to get out of the city and onto nearby trails that can transport you to breathtaking views. Balboa Park, home to many top museums, also has 65 miles of trails to explore.
- See the stars: San Diego is host to a number of outdoor movie experiences. Various venues show a variety of movies on any given night, so be sure to check out this list to plan your next movie night.
- Dine al fresco: Enjoy your meal with a touch of salty sea air. Many of San Diego’s restaurants offer outdoor dining options sure to satisfy any craving. For an especially scenic ambience, pick up takeout or pack a picnic to enjoy next to waterfront views.
- Explore world-renowned attractions: Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and USS Midway Museum are just a few of the popular attractions that call San Diego home. Be sure to reserve tickets in advance and familiarize yourself with safety guidelines ahead of your trip.
- End the day with a sunset: Make a plan to see the last light as the sun dips below the Pacific Ocean. San Diego offers many breathtaking spots to experience the sunset, from beaches to bluffs. Or, time your trip home at sunset so you can enjoy the colorful skies from your seat on the train.
Plan your trip with these responsible travel tips in mind. We look forward to reconnecting you to the destinations you love across Southern California!
More Travel Resources: