September 15, 2022
Regular Pacific Surfliner service is expected to continue through Thursday and Friday as a tentative settlement has been reached between the freight railroad worker unions and their employers.
As the contract negotiations involving freight railroad worker unions are still ongoing, service disruption is anticipated starting at 8:00 PM on Thursday, September 15 until an agreement is reached.
In the case of a railroad service interruption, we will coordinate with Amtrak and Metrolink to provide bus bridges and maximize service options for customers.
Pacific Surfliner service will be adjusted as follows:
- On Thursday, September 15, 2022:
- Trains 586, 794, and 595 will be canceled entirely.
- Train 591 and 594 will operate from San Diego (SAN) to Fullerton (FUL). A bus connection will be available from Fullerton (FUL) to Los Angeles (LAX). Train 594 will run an hour later than usual.
- Train 785 will be canceled from Los Angeles (LAX) to Goleta (GTA).
- Train 777 will be canceled from Goleta (GTA) to San Luis Obispo (SLO).
- On Friday, September 16, 2022, and ongoing until negotiations are concluded:
- Trains 562, 572, 586, 573, 583, and 595 will be canceled entirely.
- Reduced service between San Diego (SAN) to Fullerton (FUL) with additional stops in Orange, Tustin, and Laguna Niguel.
- All train services between Los Angeles (LAX) to Fullerton (FUL) will be canceled. There will be Thruway Bus connections in place between Los Angeles (LAX) and Fullerton (FUL) for passengers with a valid Amtrak or Metrolink ticket. Thruway buses will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- All train services between Moorpark (MPK) and San Luis Obispo (SLO) will be canceled.
- Metrolink and limited Pacific Surfliner service will be available between Los Angeles (LAX) and Moorpark (MPK) and tickets for either service will be accepted on all trains.
- Limited Thruway Bus service will be available from the Chatsworth Station to Oakland, stopping at Camarillo, Oxnard, Santa Barbara, Grover Beach, and San Luis Obispo.
- For the duration of the potential service disruption, Pacific Surfliner trains will also stop at Laguna Niguel, Tustin, and Orange stations and accept all Metrolink ticket types between Oceanside and Fullerton.
Once a settlement is reached, service will resume as quickly as possible.