The purpose of official LOSSAN Agency social media pages is to serve as a mechanism for communication between the LOSSAN Agency and members of the public about the Pacific Surfliner service. The LOSSAN Agency will reserve the right to monitor, filter, and remove any content (text, links, video, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate, including but not limited to:
- Content not related to the purpose of the particular social media site or article commented on. If user content is positive or negative and related to the topic, then it will be allowed to remain regardless of whether it is favorable or unfavorable to the LOSSAN Agency or the Pacific Surfliner;
- Content that contains private information about another person or that violates a person’s privacy;
- Content that includes profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, racism, hatred, slander, threats and/or violence;
- Content that defames, abuses, harasses, stalks, threatens or violates the legal rights of others;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination or personal attacks based on race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Commercial solicitations;
- Text or links encouraging any kind of illegal activity or spam;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public system;
- Comments about LOSSAN Agency employees, which will be forwarded to customer relations staff for processing according to established protocols for verification; or
- Content that violates ownership rights from any other party.
- The LOSSAN Agency will apply these reasonable restrictions in a manner that is viewpoint neutral.
Content on social media sites, which are not owned or operated by the LOSSAN Agency, is not kept or retained by the LOSSAN Agency and is not required by law or kept in the discharge of a public agency’s duties or made/retained for the purpose of preserving content for future reference.