Ditch the car and plan to travel on the Amtrak® Pacific Surfliner® during the holidays this year. Sink into your seat and enjoy the diverse scenery of Southern California while traveling to top destinations, including San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and more. Onboard amenities such as a market-style café, Wi-Fi, power outlets, and spacious seating offer a comfortable ride that will have you arriving refreshed and ready for holiday celebrations.
Plan ahead and book early
Thanksgiving week is a busy time onboard all Pacific Surfliner trains as travelers make their way to family and friends throughout Southern California. Make sure to plan and book your trip early. Take advantage of our California Everyday Discounts, but please note the blackout dates.
Attention Metrolink and COASTER passengers
The Rail 2 Rail® program will be suspended from Wednesday, November 27 through Monday, December 2, 2019 and Metrolink and COASTER passes will not be accepted. The program will resume on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Helpful tips for holiday travel
- Book your tickets beforehand – online, at 1-800-USA-Rail, or on the Amtrak app.
- Take up to two bags (each weighing 50 pounds or less) for free. We have space on the first level of the train for larger and heavier luggage, and there is also room above each seat.
- If you are traveling between stations with luggage service, you can check your bags. Stations are marked on the schedule with a suitcase icon.
- Arrive early, since the train stations might be busier than usual.
- Consider upgrading to Business Class for a little extra legroom, free snacks and drinks, and other perks.
- Bring valid photo identification with you, as the conductor could request it.
- Visit our blog, The Inside Track, for trip ideas as well as additional tips.