Comic-Con International returns to San Diego July 20-23, 2023 with workshops, panels, film screenings, and competitions. Train-only trips between Los Angeles and San Diego resumed starting Monday, July 17, just in time for the event. Leave your car behind and take the Pacific Surfliner to the San Diego Santa Fe Station – you'll arrive in the heart of downtown.
Why is the train a popular travel option to Comic-Con?
- Cruise past freeway traffic
- Use your travel time to plan out your convention itinerary, take photos, relax, or connect with other comic-book and pop culture fans
- Enjoy iconic Southern California scenery
- No need to search for and pay for parking in downtown
- Arrive on the train within walking distance to events
- Rest your feet and your mind on the ride home instead of driving
Trips for a great train ride during peak travel periods
- Book Business Class: Riders in Business Class receive a guaranteed seat and other perks, like complimentary snacks and drinks. There are a limited number of Business Class seats available on each train, and they may sell out, so book early to secure your spot. Seating in Unreserved Coach is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and may be standing room only for portions of the trip on busier trains.
- Ride at off-peak times: Southbound trains that depart midmorning and Northbound trains that depart in the late afternoon/early evening tend to be the busiest. Thursday, Saturday, and Monday are better options for traveling to and from San Diego County.
- Enjoy ticket flexibility: Follow @PacSurfliners on Twitter for train status alerts, including notifications regarding which trains we expect to be particularly busy. With an Unreserved Coach ticket, you can choose to take an earlier or later train at no charge if the one you were planning to take is expected to be crowded.
Stay connected with us on social media for travel tips, trip inspiration, and more. Service alerts are shared throughout the convention on Twitter @PacSurfliners. We’re also active on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. Share photos of your trip on our pages or use #PacificSurfliner.