The LOSSAN rail corridor stretches 351 miles from San Diego to San Luis Obispo, with the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner, freight, commuter, and long-distance trains sharing the tracks. Ongoing construction projects keep the infrastructure in top condition and contribute to overall improvements in rail travel along the corridor. Larger projects require tracks or stations to be closed so crews can perform necessary work, which temporarily affects train service.
Service Affected for Two Upcoming Weekends Due to Construction Work
Dates impacted: April 11-12
Pacific Surfliner service will be affected north of Los Angeles for two consecutive weekends in April due to scheduled construction projects in Ventura County. Limited bus connections will be provided between Los Angeles and Goleta for trains operating north of Los Angeles.
As a reminder, we are currently following reduced schedules, and there are not as many trains operating. Learn more here.
Saturday and Sunday, April 11-12
- Southbound 768 and 796 will operate as a train between Goleta and Oxnard (renumbered to 1768 and 1796), and between Los Angeles and San Diego, with a bus bridge* between Oxnard and Los Angeles.
- Northbound 763 will operate as a train between San Diego and Los Angeles, and from Oxnard to Goleta (renumbered to 1763), with a bus bridge* between Los Angeles and Oxnard.
- Northbound 777 will terminate in Los Angeles. A bus connection will be provided for passengers traveling to the stations in Van Nuys, Oxnard, Santa Barbara, and Goleta.
- Trains 1564, 1767, 774, 579, 580, 1584, 785, and 593 will operate according to the current schedules (effective March 24).
*Note: Buses will only serve the stations in Oxnard, Van Nuys and Los Angeles. There will be no connections at the stations in Camarillo, Simi Valley, Chatsworth, Burbank, or Glendale during the track closure.
Please check back for updates.
Weekend Service Affected South of Irvine Due to Scheduled Track Work
Dates impacted: April 17, 18, and 19
Pacific Surfliner service will be affected south of Irvine for one weekend in April due to scheduled construction projects in Orange and San Diego Counties. Limited bus connections will be provided.
Friday, April 17
- Southbound Train 796 will terminate in Los Angeles. Service will be provided between Goleta and Los Angeles.
Saturday and Sunday, April 18 and 19
- Northbound Trains 763, 1767, 777, 579, 785, and 593 will originate in Irvine. Limited bus connections will be provided from stations between San Diego and Irvine.
- Southbound Trains 1564, 768, 774, 580 and 1584 will terminate in Irvine. Limited bus connections will be provided for stations between Irvine and San Diego.
- Southbound Train 796 will terminate in Los Angeles. Regular service will be provided between Goleta and Los Angeles. Limited bus connections will be provided for stations between Los Angeles and San Diego.
- Buses will depart stations earlier than the normal schedule.
Please check back for updates.
Solana Beach Elevator Out of Service
Dates impacted: Sept. 3 until further notice
The Solana Beach elevator to Platform 2 (west side) is closed for refurbishment and repairs. Customers may use the stairs to access Platform 2 or wait for assistance.