The LOSSAN rail corridor stretches 351 miles from San Diego to San Luis Obispo, with the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner, freight, commuter, and long-distance trains sharing the tracks. Ongoing construction projects keep the infrastructure in top condition and contribute to overall improvements in rail travel along the corridor. Larger projects require tracks or stations to be closed so crews can perform necessary work, which temporarily affects train service.
Track Work Being Performed in San Diego County
Dates Impacted: Feb. 19-21, Mar. 12-14, Mar. 19-21
Fridays, Feb. 19 and Mar. 12 and 19
- Train 796 will terminate at Los Angeles. Bus service will be provided south from Los Angeles to San Diego, serving all missed stops.
Saturdays and Sundays, Feb. 20-21 and Mar. 13-14 and 20-21
- Southbound Train 796 will terminate at Los Angeles and bus service will be provided for all missed stops.
- Southbound Trains 580, 768, 774, 1564 and 1584 will operate normally to Irvine, where bus service will be provided between Irvine and San Diego. Express buses will run from Irvine to Oceanside, Solana Beach, Old Town San Diego and Downtown San Diego.
- Northbound Trains 579, 593, 763, 777, 785 and 1767 will originate in Irvine. Bus service will be provided between San Diego and Irvine to connect with the trains listed above. Buses will depart Downtown San Diego, Solana Beach and Oceanside earlier than the train schedule to allow time to connect with trains in Irvine.
- Buses will not pick up at Old Town San Diego. Passengers can take the trolley to Downtown San Diego to board buses to Irvine.
- Alternate bus service will not serve San Juan Capistrano or San Clemente Pier with the exception of Bus 3596 that will stop at San Juan Capistrano.
- Changes have been made at many staffed stations to maintain the safety of passengers and staff, and to address current service levels. The Irvine Station and Solana Beach Station will be open from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday during the track closure. For more details, please visit our Travel Advisory page.
Camarillo Station Boarding Track Changes
Effective Date: June 1
Starting June 1, the boarding area for some Pacific Surfliner trains will change to improve on-time performance. Northbound trains (except for Train 759) will continue to use Track 1. Southbound trains, as well as northbound Train 759), will use Track 2. Track 2 is accessible from the pedestrian bridge (located at the end of the platform near the freeway overpass) and the street at 71 N. Dawson Drive. It is approximately a 10-minute walk from one track to the other. Please allow yourself extra time if departing from or arriving at this station. Note: Metrolink trains will continue to depart from Track 1.